VHF is excited to announce the application process is open for three brand new workforce rental homes located on Butte Avenue in the Town of Crested Butte!
Two 3-bed/2-bath and one 2-bed/2-bath single family manufactured homes are expected to be ready for move-in on Nov. 15, 2022. The property and homes are owned by VHF, a Gunnison County-based affordable housing nonprofit. Each workforce rental home is on its own lot and includes:
- 880 sq. ft. of living space
- 2 private off-street parking spots
- Driveway snow plowing
- Private 10’x10′ storage shed
- New electric appliances throughout, including a washer, dryer, dishwasher, refrigerator, and microwave
Well-behaved pets are permitted with an additional pet deposit.
A minimum of two qualified occupants are required for each home (households can request that exceptions be made for dependents). All adult residents must meet the following requirements:
- 80% of income is made working for an employer whose business address is located within Gunnison County
- Annual average of 32 hours worked per week for businesses meeting the criteria listed above, or a person who is retired or living with a disability and has worked a minimum of four years within Gunnison County immediately prior to their retirement/disability
- Does not own any portion of any improved residential real estate
The 2 bed/2 bath will rent for $1,900/month and the 3 bed/2 bath for $2,400/month. Tenants will be responsible for utilities.
Application and Lottery
The application, lottery, and rental process will be conducted by the Gunnison Valley Regional Housing Authority (gvrha.org). Applications will be accepted through Sept 27, and the lottery will be held on Oct 4th. The full application packet with lottery instructions can be downloaded by clicking the button below, or by visiting www.gvrha.org. Please direct questions and submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.